Friday 22 October 2010

Portishead Essential Mix...


       Andy Smith (photo from HERE)


Originally broadcast on Radio One in April 1995 and mixed by Andy Smith (with Geoff Barrow in the cut during the first hour), this set, whilst hardly groundbreaking, impressed the beejeezus out of me at the time which probably says as much for the cultural-wilderness-of-a-market-town that I was living in  as it does for the genre-hopping musical selection.

I still have my third generation, 90 minute cassette recording of this mix and a 118 minute CD version too but now, thanks to the wonder of the hindernet, I can download and listen to the whole 120 minute version in glorious hi-fi stereo sound, without radio interference or twisted tape misery...

part one HERE

part two HERE

Hurrah for science!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freaking awesome Leo. I played this to death back in the day; this was probably my favourite mix tape of all time. I never thought I'd find it again. Very happy :o)

Leo Slayer said...

No worries...